The Case Manager Assistant role is an incredible opportunity for someone looking for a flexible, hybrid work environment that places a high value on providing holistic and people-centered care to communities who face barriers to accessing quality healthcare. This job is primarily day or evening shifts, with opportunities for working some hours from home. No call shifts, no weekend shifts, and no night shifts. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 401K options provided. This role qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish County. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental, and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Lahai Health is seeking a Case Manager Assistant to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local communities. The primary function of the Case Manager Assistant is to join our medical team as we care for those who are underserved in our local communities. They will provide support to one or more assigned Nurse Case Managers (NCMs), handling the administrative tasks that are required for their assigned NCM, and work to ensure that patient needs are met.
Hours: Part-time or Full-time Positions Available, Non-Exempt
Salary: $19-21 per hour, dependent on experience
Summary of Benefits: Lahai offers flexible work hours and a hybrid work environment for most positions. Lahai provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance to all exempt and non-exempt employees working more than 30 hours per week. Lahai offers a voluntary 401K retirement plan to all full/part-time employees who are 21 years of age and older who are eligible to participate. PTO is accrued at a rate of .057 per hour for employees working over 20 hours per week and .025 for employees working less than 20 hours per week. Lahai recognizes 11 paid holidays and holiday pay is pro-rated based on the numbers of hours you are regularly scheduled to work.
Location: Washington – North Seattle, Lynnwood, Everett
Clinic Support/Case Management:
- Attending clinic with the NCM.
- Process needed follow-up care and referrals for patients. This may include resources for lab tests, prescriptions, specialty care, translation or educational needs.
- Coordinate and communicate directly with patients, a variety of professionals and/or organizations to provide efficient case management for needed follow-up care.
- Utilize an electronic health record (EHR) for all patient documentation, and provider communication.
- Ensure patients have completed the necessary financial aid paperwork, other forms, and provided proof of income required by our various specialty care partners.
- Assist in tracking, and following up on the status of specialty care referrals.
- Track completion of prescribed tests. Before each clinic visit, ensure that patients have completed all lab tests within the prescribed timeframe. Assist in requesting medical records to ensure that the latest imaging results and specialty care records are uploaded to patient charts prior to appointment.
- Answer patient questions as appropriate to the position. Identify when patient questions require clinical expertise, and then consult with NCM or a Provider.
- Help patients find the best pharmacy option for filling their prescriptions.
- Provide Patient Assistance Program support to Lahai patients that need access to more specialized, expensive medications at no cost.
- Help patients with resolving bills they may receive for services ordered by Lahai Health.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings which may include: team meetings, all Staff meetings, health events, and fundraising events.
Skills and Qualification:
- High School Diploma
- Administrative support experience.
- Background in serving the public.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting with knowledge of medical terminology preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable following policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail. Good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving.
- Comfortable multi-tasking during a busy clinic
- Ability to work closely with staff and volunteers.
- Work well independently, as a self-starter, and in a fast-paced environment.
- Local travel required.
- Spanish and English fluency is required.
In carrying out these duties, the Case Manager Assistant will, at all times:
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
- Comply with federal and state regulations.
- Ensure Lahai Health’s policies and procedures are upheld.
- Keep the Nurse Case Manager apprised at all times of needs and any critical issues.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.