The Dental Hygienist role is an incredible opportunity for Dental Hygienists looking for a collaborative environment that places a high value on providing holistic and people-centered care to communities who face barriers to accessing quality dental care. This job is daytime hours. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 401K options provided. This role qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish County. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Hygienist to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local community. We are looking for a team player, who is positive, cheerful and willing to provide the highest quality of care while educating patients on good oral and overall health.
Hours: Part-time (8 hours per week), Non-Exempt
Salary: $40-45 per hour, dependent on experience
Summary of Benefits: Lahai provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance to all exempt and non-exempt employees working more than 30 hours per week. Lahai offers a voluntary 401K retirement plan to all full/part-time employees who are 21 years of age and older who are eligible to participate. PTO is accrued at a rate of .057 per hour for employees working over 20 hours per week and .025 for employees working less than 20 hours per week. Lahai recognizes 11 paid holidays and holiday pay is pro-rated based on the numbers of hours you are regularly scheduled to work.
Location: Washington – Lynnwood
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments properly
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
- Take X-rays
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Maintain clean and safe working environment, complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Monitor supplies
- Agreement and support of Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith.
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA.
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient, cheerful, and friendly personality and being a good team player
- Attention to detail
- Efficient and organized
- Valid Washington license to practice
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.