LAHAI HEALTH IS HIRING A DENTAL MANAGER
Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Manager to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local community. The primary function of the Dental Manager is to lead and manage the dental program at Lahai Health.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish county. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Our dental clinic provides comprehensive dental care to adult, patients currently at a highly reduced sliding scale fee. Our services include treatment planning, x-rays, cleanings, fillings, root canals, crowns, bridges, extractions, and dentures. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for the those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Location: Washington – Lynnwood
Exempt, Full or Part time
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
- Ensure the safe use of Lahai equipment/facilities and maintain HIPAA, OSHA and WISHA safety standards.
- Evaluate adequacy of dental supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Develop and implement dental procedures.
- Develop and maintain dental program budget.
- Ensure that office supplies, dental supplies and equipment are procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that program metrics are properly collected, reviewed, and reported.
- Collaborate with Lahai staff and volunteers to improve patient care, systems, communications, and clinic efficiencies.
- Present patient treatment plans as needed and maintain a referral system for patients in need of care beyond our core services.
- Assist with front desk training, tasks and/or scheduling as needed.
- Build community partnerships and maintain key relationships such as UW SOD, PIMA and others.
- Partner with the Finance Director to ensure the integrity of collecting all forms of payments in the dental clinic. Report financial collections daily to finance and review monthly.
- Provide program updates and patient stories to Director of Development and Executive Director for newsletter, website, annual report, and other communication materials.
- Participate with established dental partners.
- Participate in annual clinic events (Gala, Dental Tours, etc.), as required by your supervisor.
- Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee performance of Lahai Dental Program staff.
- Maintain regular supervisory meetings with individual staff and team to review work.
- Establish a training plan for dental volunteers and oversee the ongoing implementation of it.
- Partner with the Coordinator of Volunteer Services to recruit volunteers to help carry out activities that support the Dental Programs and supervise volunteers responsible for these tasks.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Graduate of a licensed dental assistant program and a registered dental assistant, preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in the dental field required. Management experience preferred. Experience with Eaglesoft preferred. Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficiencies: Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Bilingual skills preferred.
- Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.
- Agree with Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith
- Passion for serving the underserved
- Patient advocacy
- Flexibility in prioritizing department needs
- Work collaboratively with others
- Maintain current knowledge regarding best practices as well as standards of dental care
- Maintain current knowledge in all professional dental legal requirements and obligations based on local, state and federal regulations and laws
- Local travel, rare out of town travel
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.