The Dental Receptionist is an opportunity for a person interested in working in a collaborative work environment that places a high value on providing holistic and people-centered care to communities who face barriers to accessing quality dental care. This job is primarily day or evening shifts, with opportunities for working some hours from home. No call shifts, no weekend shifts, and no night shifts. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 401K options provided. This role qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish County. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Receptionist to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local communities. The primary responsibility of the Dental Receptionist is to provide front-end office support, ensuring that the administrative aspect of Lahai Health’s dental clinic runs smoothly, so that high quality dental care is assured.
Hours: 32 hours/week, non-exempt
Summary of Benefits: Lahai provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance to all exempt and non-exempt employees working more than 30 hours per week. Lahai offers a voluntary 401K retirement plan to all full/part-time employees who are 21 years of age and older who are eligible to participate. PTO is accrued at a rate of .057 per hour for employees working over 20 hours per week and .025 for employees working less than 20 hours per week. Lahai recognizes 11 paid holidays and holiday pay is pro-rated based on the numbers of hours you are regularly scheduled to work.
Location: Washington – Lynnwood
The Dental Receptionist’s primary responsibilities revolve around carefully performing administrative duties to ensure quality dental care is provided. As such, the Dental Receptionist will:
- Greet and assist anyone who enters the dental waiting area.
- Answer reception phone and assist with responding to messages in a timely manner.
- Handle all patient scheduling, including requests for volunteer translators as needed.
- Review patient schedules and volunteer schedules with Dental Manager on a regular basis.
- Collect patient paperwork and financials.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communication with patients and volunteers.
- Maintain front office supplies.
- Send out text reminders for patient appointments through text messaging system.
- Review and present treatment plans prepared by the dentist with patients, including discussion of financial arrangements and setting up future appointments for care.
- Collaborate on specialty scheduling in Eaglesoft with partner programs and contact labs/vendors as necessary.
- Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
- Attend all Lahai Health’s meeting, events and training sessions, as required.
- Assist with other duties as directed by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma; some college preferred.
- Experience: One-year experience within a community health care setting preferred – dental office ideal. One-year experience with electronic medical records system preferred.
- Proficiencies: Strong customer service, phone and computer skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
In carrying out these duties, the Case Manager Assistant will, at all times:
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement,
- Comply with federal and state regulations,
- Follow board policies and directives,
- Keep Dental Assistant and Dental Manager apprised of critical issues.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.