Position: DEVELOPMENT INTERN
SUPERVISOR: Development Director
STATUS: Non-exempt, Part Time – 10-20 hours/week, Paid Internship
DURATION: 6 months – 1 year
START DATE: Flexible
Assist the Development Director with providing administrative, social media marketing, communications, fundraising and event support to ensure the overall success in meeting the fundraising goals for Lahai Health. The candidate will have flexibility, like and display creativity in concepts and applications, and successfully track project and timelines.
- Provides wide range administrative support to development team including constituent correspondence, donor acknowledgements, data entry, event mailings, blog post writing and editing, and social media posting.
- Provide support to Development Director with the administrative process of donor stewardship and cultivation programs. Assist with the tracking and reporting aspects of fundraising events.
- Provide timely thank you letters to all large donors, event sponsors, and vendors.
- Coordinate social media posting, blog post writing and editing, website changes/updates with our webmaster.
- Attend, and participate in event meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of social media marketing platforms and practices
- Applicants can be Business, Communications, Marketing or English majors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local University
- Possess a high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are essential to this position
- Knowledge of CRM databases is a strong plus
- Receive direct supervision from the Development Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Engage in employee events, such as company picnic
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Academic credit will be available to qualifying students who receive approval of their university
- Flexible scheduling to allow for finals and changes in class schedule
- Upon successful completion of internship, will be provided with letter of recommendation
In carrying out these duties, the Development Intern will, at all times:
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement
- Comply with federal and state regulations
- Follow board policies and directives
- Keep your supervisor apprised of critical issues
If interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.