SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
STATUS: Exempt, Full Time
PURPOSE: The primary function of the Medical Clinic Director is to lead, manage and support the Medical Team and the medical programs at Lahai Health. This individual is responsible for coordinating medical clinic operations and over-seeing patient follow-up care, laboratory services and imaging. They will also develop and implement clinical policies and procedures; monitor, evaluate and improve quality of medical care; and develop relationships with health care professionals and community health leaders in Lahai service areas. The Medical Clinic Director is also a member of the leadership team, participating in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating models and operational execution. Finally, the Medical Clinic Director should embrace the mission of Lahai and imbue the staff with that mission.
Medical Program Management:
- Develop and maintain relationships within local health communities with partners to provide lab, x-ray, and other diagnostic services and specialty care to our low-income, underserved patients.
- Ensure that patients receive needed follow-up care including lab tests and results, prescription medications and Patient Assistance Programs (PAPs), referrals to specialists, and other medical educational needs.
- Ensure that appropriate patient education materials are available, including consideration of patient’s natural language.
- Serve as a Nurse Case Manager at Lahai Medical Clinics when necessary and act as a patient advocate when appropriate.
- Accept medical supplies donations from appropriate sources and distribute to clinics, as needed.
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for medical programs and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assess overall current patient health needs and recommend and design new programs, as needed, utilizing volunteers and student internships when appropriate.
- Evaluate, maintain, and improve as necessary, patient quality of care, taking into consideration past results and current challenges.
- Ensure patient medical records are maintained and overseen for confidentiality and quality control.
- Partner with the Counseling Director and Dental Clinic Director/Manager to ensure Lahai medical patients are being referred for needed counseling and dental care, and vice versa
- Develop and maintain medical program budget
- Ensure that medical supplies and equipment are procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the Medical Mobile Clinic – inventory, supplies, upkeep and maintenance, drivers.
- Ensure that program outcome statistics are properly collected, reviewed, and reported to the Executive Director.
- Collaborate with Lahai staff and volunteers to improve patient care, systems, communications, and clinic efficiencies.
- Provide program updates and patient stories to Director of Development and Executive Director for newsletter, website, reports, and other communication materials.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Agreement with Lahai Health Statement of Faith
- R.N. License required, BSN preferred, and a current CPR card
- 2-3 years clinical/medical experience in health care setting required.
- Experience in community health/public health setting desired.
- Administrative experience beneficial but not essential.
- Local travel, occasional out-of-town travel.
- Pray with and for staff, volunteers, patients and the Lahai Health organization.
In carrying out these duties, the Medical Clinic Director will, at all times:
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with Lahai’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement,
- Comply with federal and state regulations,
- Follow board policies and directives,
- Keep the Medical Clinic Director apprised at all times of clinic needs and any critical issues.
Send Inquiries, Cover Letter, and Resume to: email@example.com