JOB DESCRIPTION: NURSE CASE MANAGER
SUPERVISOR: Clinic Director
STATUS: Non-exempt, Part-Time
PURPOSE: The primary function of the Nurse Case Manager to join our medical team as we care for those who are underserved in our local communities. They will provide support to professional healthcare volunteers during clinic operations (mobile clinics & fixed site), at times provide direct patient care, and work to ensure that patients are connected to additional health care resources.
Clinic Support/Case Management:
- Oversee and support healthcare volunteers during clinic hours at assigned clinic sites. On occasion, provide direct patient care.
- Prepare for clinics by reviewing the clinic schedule and specific patient needs, and ensuring resources and supplies are stocked for healthcare volunteers.
- Process needed follow up care/referrals for patients. This may include resources for lab tests, prescriptions, specialty care, translation or educational needs.
- Coordinate and communicate directly with patients, a variety of professionals and/or organizations to provide efficient case management for needed follow up care.
- Utilize an electronic health record (EHR) for all patient documentation, and provider communication.
- Provide on-site training and support for volunteers engaging in patient care or coordination for assigned clinics.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings which may include: team meetings, all Staff meetings, health events, and fundraising events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred, and current CPR card.
- Two years. experience preferred within a community health care setting.
- Medical case management experience preferred.
- Comfortable creating and implementing policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving.
- Ability to work closely with staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently, as a self-starter, and in a fast-paced environment.
- Local travel required.
- Bilingual skills helpful.
In carrying out these duties, the Nurse Manager will, at all times:
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith and Mission Statement.
- Comply with federal and state regulations.
- Ensure Lahai Health’s policies and procedures are upheld.
- Keep the Medical Clinic Director apprised at all times of clinic needs and any critical issues.
Send Inquiries, Cover Letter, and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org