Position: DENTAL RECEPTIONIST
Hours: 24 hours per week
Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Receptionist to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local community. We are looking for a team player, who is positive, cheerful and willing to help us provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish county. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for the those who fall through the cracks of the system.
PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of the Dental Receptionist is to provide front-end office support, ensuring that the administrative aspect of Lahai Health’s dental clinic runs smoothly, so that high quality dental care is assured.
The Dental Receptionist’s primary responsibilities revolve around carefully performing administrative duties to ensure quality dental care is provided. As such, the Dental Receptionist will:
- Greet and assist anyone who enters the dental waiting area.
- Answer reception phone and assist with responding to messages in a timely manner.
- Handle all patient scheduling, including requests for volunteer translators as needed.
- Review patient schedules and volunteer schedules with Dental Manager on a regular basis.
- Collect patient paperwork and financials.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communication with patients and volunteers.
- Maintain front office supplies.
- Send out text reminders for patient appointments through text messaging system.
- Review and present treatment plans prepared by the dentist with patients, including discussion of financial arrangements and setting up future appointments for care.
- Collaborate on specialty scheduling in Eaglesoft with partner programs and contact labs/vendors as necessary.
- Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
- Attend all Lahai Health’s meeting, events and training sessions, as required.
- Assist with other duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: High school diploma; some college preferred.
- Experience: One-year experience within a community health care setting preferred – dental office ideal. One-year experience with electronic medical records system preferred.
- Proficiencies: Strong customer service, phone and computer skills. Experience with medical record system preferred.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.