The Dental Assistant role is an incredible opportunity for Dental Assistants looking for a collaborative environment that places a high value on providing holistic and people-centered care to communities who face barriers to accessing quality dental care. This job is primarily day or evening shifts. No call shifts, no weekend shifts, and no night shifts. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 401K options provided. This role qualifies for Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish County. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Assistant to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local communities. The primary responsibility of the Dental Assistant is to ensure that the clinical aspect of Lahai Health’s dental clinic runs smoothly, so that high quality dental care is provided.
Hours: Part-time or Full-time positions available, Non-Exempt
Salary: $27-30 per hour, dependent on experience
Summary of Benefits: Lahai provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance to all exempt, and non-exempt employees working more than 30 hours per week. Lahai offers a voluntary 401K retirement plan to all full/part-time employees who are 21 years of age and older who are eligible to participate. PTO is accrued at a rate of .057 per hour for employees working over 20 hours per week and .025 for employees working less than 20 hours per week. Lahai recognizes 11 paid holidays and holiday pay is pro-rated based on the numbers of hours you are regularly scheduled to work.
Location: Washington – Lynnwood
The Dental Assistant’s primary responsibilities revolve around providing quality dental care through a smoothly operating dental clinic. As such, the Dental Assistant will:
- Assist Dental Manager and dentists with patient care.
- Maintain an organized and clean back-office space (operatories, lab, sterilization).
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships and communications with patients and volunteers.
- Ensure the safe use of Lahai Health’s equipment/facilities and maintain OSHA and WISHA safety standards.
- Evaluate adequacy of and inventory dental supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Order or otherwise procure needed supplies.
- Assist the Dental Manager in coordinating a referral system for patients in need of care beyond our core services.
- Pray with patients and volunteers upon request and as appropriate.
- Assist in administrative duties, as needed, including coordinating volunteer scheduling, data collection, reporting, patient scheduling, etc.
- Attend all Lahai Health meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Agreement and support of Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith.
- Education: Must be a registered dental assistant. Expanded function training preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of experience as a dental assistant preferred. Experience with Eaglesoft preferred. Experience within a community healthcare setting preferred.
- Proficiencies: Highly organized with strong attention to detail and good judgment in establishing priorities and problem solving. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Bilingual skills preferred.
- Abilities: A team player who works well with staff, volunteers, and patients. An individual with a work history of completing tasks in a timely manner, while displaying an ability to be creative and proactive. Must maintain up-to-date immunizations and CPR/First Aid training.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.