Lahai Health is seeking a Dental Hygienist to join our team as we care for those who are underserved in our local community. We are looking for a team player, who is positive, cheerful and willing to provide the highest quality of care while educating patients on good oral and overall health.
Bring Hope and Health
Our mission is to show the love of Christ through bringing Hope and Health to underserved people by providing quality and compassionate healthcare.
We are a low income, comprehensive, primary-care clinic in King and Snohomish county. Our services include integrated and comprehensive, medical, dental and mental health counseling. Join our team and work alongside others who share a desire to find solutions for the those who fall through the cracks of the system.
Location: Washington – Lynnwood
This is a part-time position, 5 hrs. per week
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments properly
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
- Take X-rays or dental impressions
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Maintain clean and safe working environment, complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Monitor supplies
- Agreement and support of Lahai Health’s Statement of Faith.
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA.
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient, cheerful, and friendly personality and being a good team player
- Attention to detail
- Efficient and organized
- Valid Washington license to practice
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.