We are excited to share updates about the ongoing construction project at Lahai’s Haller Lake Clinic!
Twenty years ago this year, in 2003, a small group of medical professionals and committed laypeople joined forces to create a new kind of health clinic to provide primary health care to low-income uninsured adults. Housed in what was then called North Seattle Alliance Church, and staffed entirely by volunteers, the clinic on Haller Lake served its first patients in the fall of 2003.
Now two decades later, thanks in large measure to a significant federal grant, Lahai Health at last has an opportunity to upgrade the facilities at Haller Lake so we can dramatically improve our ability to serve more patients, more effectively. We’ve titled this campaign, “The Health Access Partnership.” The total goal of the campaign is to raise $650,000, including the federal monies already committed. Successful completion of the Health Access Partnership will allow Lahai to:
- WELCOME patients, clients, volunteers, and staff with a redesigned lobby area
- SERVE more patients and clients by significantly enlarging clinic capacity
- CREATE an environment that values patient and client dignity and privacy
- ESTABLISH a better, more effective, more comfortably designed workspace
- BUILD for the next twenty years and beyond!